As I have been talking to many of my Chef colleagues over the past year, informally we came up with a list of the top ingredients that we add to this comfort food staple either at home or in our restaurant kitchens.
- Chicken – either diced, shredded, or grilled breasts, thigh, or leg meat
- Garlic! – ’nuff said
- Tomato – either slices, puree, diced or roasted
- Crunchy Topping – either cheese, bread crumbs, dried onions, or other veggies
- Broccoli – parents, listen up…this is one way to get the kiddos to eat their veggies!
- Onion – diced, sliced, pureed, roasted, or as a mixed crumb topping
- Ham – Bacon, Sausage, or some other form of this comfort wonder meat
- Cheese Topping – Parmesan, Romano, or any other cheese topping